Free with Y Membership!
The Bangor Region YMCA’s activities for older adults gives this wonderful population the opportunity to participate in physical and social activities in a fun, safe, and friendly environment. All of these activities—from our fitness classes to activities and excursions by our Second Wind Social Club— were designed to help older adults improve their overall health and well-being.
Our team of caring professionals will help you focus on three major areas to improve your health:
- Choose from a variety of land and aquatic classes designed to improve mobility, balance, flexibility; increase strength, and decrease stress. Virtual option is available for some land fitness classes.
- Personalized Wellness Plan is included with a YMCA Membership.
- Certified Personal Trainers work with participants to design a plan that includes aquatic and land fitness classes.
- Strong Connections at the Y using support groups, group activities, education, and mindfulness to increase social connections.
- Second Wind Social Club includes activities and excursions coordinated by fellow club members and Y staff. Those who are only interested in our Second Wind Social Club can get a Social Membership which will only include the social activities our Y has for older adults.
- Classes & Workshops are organized by Y staff based on interest.
- Healthy Habit sessions teach participants what to do improve their overall wellness.
For more information, call 207-941-2808 or: