Membership For All (MFA) is an income-based, pricing structure for membership that is designed to adjust the membership rate based on household income.
This initiative fits The Bangor Region YMCA’s mission of keeping the Y accessible to everyone regardless of financial capacity and is anchored firmly in the Y’s commitment to social responsibility.
|ANNUAL INCOME||FINANCIAL AID||YOUTH||ADULT||SINGLE PARENT|
|$45,000 - $54,999||10%||$18.90||$44.10||$52.20||$65.70|
|$35,000 - $44,999||20%||$16.80||$39.20||$46.40||$58.40|
|$25,000 - $34,999||30%||$14.70||$34.30||$40.60||$51.10|
Income-Based Rates are determined by State of Maine Income Guidelines.
Proof of income needed as follows:
- Most recent tax return
- Child Support/Alimony Income
- Social Security/Disability Income
- Any other income or assistance you receive
- Total Household Income (adjust gross) includes yourself and your spouse/significant other.
- Regular rate discounts are not applicable to MFA memberships.
- MFA Joiner Fee is the same as the monthly fee.
- It is the sole responsibility of MFA members to notify The Bangor Region YMCA of any changes in address or phone number in a timely manner. The YMCA uses the current info on file for all official communication.
- Payment of MFA membership amount is the sole responsibility of the MFA member. The Bangor Region YMCA may send a payment reminder notification; however, it is the member’s responsibility to pay their fee in a timely manner regardless of a YMCA reminder notification.
- MFA members failing to pay their membership as required may be terminated. Any MFA member terminated for lack of payment will not be eligible for MFA or Open Door consideration for at least twelve (12) months. No appeals will be granted.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Complete the Membership Form and Automatic Draft Authorization Agreement. These forms can be found in our Membership Brochure.
WHAT DOES MY MEMBERSHIP PAY FOR?
Membership and program fees cover only 80% of The Bangor Region YMCA’s operating costs including staffing, utilities, and facility upkeep. The remaining 20% is covered by the generous support of Bangor Region YMCA donors. This support ensures that no one is turned away due to the inability to pay and without these donations, program and membership fees would increase drastically.
WHAT DOES MY JOINER FEE PAY FOR?
Your Joiner Fee is paid when you start your membership and is used to help maintain our facility in support of your ongoing positive member experience.
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
MFA memberships must be set up on a monthly draft and will reflect the MFA rate for one year.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE MY MOST RECENT INCOME TAX RETURN?
We need to have this in order to consider you for the MFA program. If you do not file your taxes and receive SSI, disability, and other assistance, please provide a copy of your income letter.
WHAT IF I NEED ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE BEYOND MFA RATES?
Apply for our Open Door Program to find out if you qualify to receive additional financial assistance for you and/or your family for a membership or selected program beyond the MFA rate.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE OPEN DOOR PROGRAM?
Our Open Door Program requires additional steps to ensure that we have resources available to all who need them. The Open Door application needs to be fully completed along with a letter stating other special circumstances that you wish us to take into consideration. A Y staff member will be in touch to discuss your financial situation and determine how we can assist you further.
DO I HAVE TO RENEW THIS EACH YEAR?
Yes – to maintain your MFA rate, you will need to submit your most recent income tax return before the 1st of the month of your anniversary date; otherwise, rates will default to the Regular Rate.