Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
As a Lifeguard at the Bangor Region YMCA you’ll be a part of a passionate Aquatics team that is delivering high quality Aquatic Programming to the great Penobscot County area. The expectations for our Lifeguard is to create a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes, and respects all individuals while promoting and maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas in accordance with YMCA policies, and procedures.. Being very customer service oriented, our lifeguards have made an impact in not only the safety of our patrons, but also building relationships with our community that consists of ages 6 months to 100 years old.
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, completes related reports as required.
- Responds to challenges with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attending all of the Aquatics once a month staff meeting.
- Minimum age of 15
- Certifications: Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid, and emergency oxygen administration
- Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
Schedule: Day shift
Supplemental Pay: Up to $300 Sign-On Bonus. Terms & conditions apply. Email Shawn Rich, Aquatics Director, for more information.
COVID-19 considerations: Vaccine VerificationApply Now!